Thursday, January 14, 2016

Hello Again (& ☀Sunlit Sunday Soon)


Hello again. It's been a very long while since I've posted. I spend a fair amount of time on my laptop for some volunteering I'm doing and I was getting a wee bit tired of looking at the screen. Hence, my lengthy absence from blogging. Then, I told myself I needed to update my header to reflect the winter season and to start visiting blogs again before I posted something. Phooey to that, here I am, wishing you a Happy New Year with springtime blooms in the header. C'est la vie!

To catch up a bit, here is the finished knitting project that I hinted at months ago. This little girl is one of the mice from Mary Jane's Tearoom. I haven't made a toy before and I know I have a couple of things I'd do a bit differently, but any little blunders are completely my own fault and certainly not that of the wonderful pattern.

It was a fun project! I find myself perching this mouse around the house.

Currently, she is sitting on my desk to act as a reminder that I want to be more creative and make things in 2016. I'll have to think about that and figure out some plans.

Speaking of plans, a few people have emailed and asked if ☀ Sunlit Sunday would be running again this winter. Since there is a some interest, let's start it up again this coming weekend. I'll put up a post at 8 pm (Eastern Standard Time) on Saturday evening and we'll see who drops by to add a link to their sunlit post. For those who are unfamiliar with ☀Sunlit Sunday, the details are below. All are welcome to join in and help brighten up the winter months, even if it isn't winter in your part of the world.

  1. Create a post on the following theme: "sunlit". You may choose to include photos and/or words that illustrate a sunlit place or thing, a "sunny disposition", a sunny thought, or any other sunlit-related idea. Have fun with this! Be literal or figurative; be you!
  2. All photos must be your own or used with the express permission of the photographer.
  3. Copy my URL for this week's "Sunlit Sunday" and create a link on your post that will lead back here.
  4. Copy the URL for your specific post and add it to the amazing linking tool, below.
  5. Testing the links would be a great idea!
  6. The more links you visit and comment on, the more fun you'll have. Let's spread a little sunshine!
Thank you for dropping by today!
-Karen

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!! I am so happy! I was just writing on my Five On Friday post for tomorrow that I am missing Sunlit Sunday and then I saw this post pop up! I have amended my post and including a link to this post. I will look out for more sunny moments to share now. Thank you for running this, I know that it is a lot of work, but it I will be there with bells on for sure! Thank you!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another hurrah for "Sunlit Sunday" from me as I was missing it too!
    Thank you Karen!
    As I was one of the ones who emailed you I'm feeling a little guilty and hope you haven't just submitted to the pressure - as I understand the commitment involved.
    I'll see you on Sunday.
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Sunlit Sunday! I'm glad you decided to revive the party. I never know if I'm a bother when I contact someone, so like Shane above....
    Looking forward to Sunday.
    Your knitted mouse is such a sweet thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,Karen! What a good news! I often think of you, and I am happy to find your post today.
    Thank you for your happy New year greeting! Sunlit in your room always lifts up our spirits.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very happy youre having it again! I will try to come up with something to participate

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SOOOOOOO pleased Sunlit Sunday is back. It totally brightened up my weeks last winter. Glad to see you back and that you have been enjoying life albeit ;) with things other than blogging. Have a 'sunny' week Karen xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear from you, Karen! Glad to hear the party's back. I've been missing in action lately, as well, but will try to get back to blogging this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen...so HAPPY to find this in my newsfeed this morning!! You have been missed! Here's hoping we will see you pop in more often!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute little bunny ! Good to have you back in blog land We missed you . Yes life gets busy lol ! Glad to hear Sunlit Sundays are starting up again I think lots of blogger enjoyed it . I know I did ! Thanks for sharing , have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mean Mouse Oh my gosh were is my head lol oh in a snow bank lol !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen, I've been thinking of you lately and wondered if you were still blogging. I may join up now and then but I haven't been as active lately either and don't participate in links anymore as I don't have time to visit around. I love your new header. It's so pretty and springy looking. Something to enjoy on these cold winter days. :) Have a good weekend. Pam

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...